Serving Replacement Windows, Exterior Doors & Siding needs throughout Indiana since 1983
HOME IMPROVEMENT FAQS
How does one go about staining new window frames & sashes in order to match the internal colors of a home? That’s a great question!
First off, we’d like you to know that Bee Window provides staining services in our shop for new window orders. You can avoid the time and mess that can come from staining our replacement windows and sashes yourself in your own home by letting us handle it for you BEFORE we install your new windows.
Or you can do it yourself in the following way:
- Shake the container of stain you will be using in order to mix the stain. Stir the stain with a screwdriver to further ensure it is completely mixed.
- Apply the initial coat of stain to the window frames and sashes. Wipe the stain onto the window frames/sashes with a clean rag. Wipe off any excess stain with a second clean rag.
- Wait for the initial coat of stain to completely dry.
- Wipe on further coats of stain to achieve a darker-looking finish on the window frames/sashes.
- Rub the surface of the window frames with a clean rag to compress any raised grains and to achieve a polished finish.
Tips & Warnings
- Apply a thin coat of polyurethane as a final finish to further protect the window frames/sashes from moisture.
- Always wipe the stain with the grain.
- Always work in an area that’s well-ventilated.