According to the EPA, "lead poisoning is the number one environmental health threat to children in the United States, ages six and younger.*" Many people have lead in their own homes and don't even know it. Lead is virtually undetectable in the home. It gives off no odor or taste and cannot be seen. Exposure to lead over long periods of time can cause learning disabilities, hyperactivity and even brain damage. If your home was built before 1978, there's a good chance that leaded paint may have been used in the construction.
Bee Window is committed to keeping our customers safe. That's why we use lead safe practices with all of our home improvement services. These practices include putting plastic around your replacement windows to encapsulate any lead dust coming from your home. It may not seem like a big deal, but it is when your family's health could be on the line. Do you have questions about Bee's lead safe practices? Contact us today to learn how we are dedicated to keeping you and your loved ones safe.
Safe Maintenance, Renovation and Lead Abatement: A Guide for Homeowners
Lead Safety FAQs
Video — Indiana: Lead Paint, Lead Poisoning (part 1)
Video — Indiana: Lead Paint, Lead Poisoning (part 2)